Tengirri surf charter boat is a 14 meter (46 foot), live aboard, power catamaran designed and built in Australia in 2004 specifically for luxury surf charters in the Mentawai Islands of Indonesia.
Tengirri is one of the strongest, safest, and fastest vessels operating in the Mentawai Islands of Indonesia. From their base in Padang you will be surfing the morning after you arrive into Indonesia. To maximize your time surfing they also do most of their traveling at night but are flexible to stay on the move if conditions change during the day. The Tengirri’s guides and hosts, Phil and Anthony Kiem, have been surfing this area for well over a decade and their experience is second to none. Utilizing this experience and knowledge virtually guarantees that you will score waves every day. Even when you aren’t surfing or fishing you will be relaxing in style and making the most of the boat’s luxurious facilities.
Check out their website at www.tengirri.com
“The Tengirri departs port on every charter with an experienced and qualified (Master Class 5 Seaman) Indonesian skipper. They also have two Indonesian deckhands and a cook who are there to help you with anything you need.”
- Enjoy extended periods of perfect Indo surf onboard the Tengirri, a luxury and air-conditioned surf charter boat.nd
- Top fishing and snorkeling!
- Fabulous food!
- Experienced skipper and crew will get you to the best, most uncrowded waves available under the given swell and weather conditions.
- To maximize surf time Tengirri aims to travel at night at a comfortable speed of 10 knots and have you on the waves on daylight. If the conditions change during the day the Tengirri can travel at 15-17 knots to a better location.
- Surf anywhere you want in the Mentawai Islands and Telos Island regions!
- Small groups (maximum 8). You only need 4 people and you can have exclusive use if the boat.
For more videos from the Tengirri Surf Charter boat please visit their YouTube channel!
Most Tengirri guests fly into Singapore from their respective departure cities. From there you fly from Singapore to Jakarta, Jakarta to Padang, Sumatra. It’s a long haul but well worth the payoff when you arrive.
Tengirri Surf Charter “Frequently Asked Questions – click here
The quality and consistency of the waves in the Mentawai Islands are well known. There is no where in the world there with more perfect waves in as concise an area as the Mentawai Islands. The peak surf period is from March to November and this part of Indonesia is super consistent during this time. But there are also plenty of great, empty waves in the non-peak months of December, January and February as well. Tengirri offers year round surf charters!
To learn more about the surf in the Mentawai Islands and some of the waves you will be surfing please visit “The Surf” page!
We get a lot of people asking about the layout of the boat, so we have put this short Tengirri video tour together to try give people an idea of what it is like.
The Tengirri is a catamaran. Catamarans are well known for delivering a spacious layout and unmatched stability at sea. Accommodation on the Tengirri includes:
- 3 large outdoor deck areas (back-bottom deck, back-top deck, and front of the boat) fully covered from the sun, ideal platforms to chill out, take photos/video and/or take in the scenery.
- Spacious indoor saloon and seated dining area.
- Flat screen TV, I-Pod compatible stereo, media player, satellite phone and all the toys you need to have fun in the tropics.
- Comfortable sleeping arrangements for 8 guests plus crew in 6 separate cabins: 2 cabins with a double bed in each; 2 cabins with 2 single beds in each; and 2 cabins with 1 single bed in each. Everyone gets their own bed and if you only have 6 onboard everyone gets their own cabin!
Screenshot from Tengirri Surf Charter's website.
Hi Phil and Anthony,
In my 12 or so boat trips to Indo in the last 20 years, this was the best Crew/Boat yet. Surf Guide Nick knew the spots where and when for the the best/uncrowded surf. Skipper Oscar, Chef Donny, Rusty and Andy were an incredible crew. Funny, hard working, fantastic food and service! Top rating! – Thanks from Jim Kelly – USA – August 2019
It had been 4 years since our last trip on the Good Ship Tengirri, but it didn’t take long for all the Boiz to get into the swing of things. Safe, comfortable, great food, and the same friendly Crew always makes you feel welcome. Same, Same but always different!! Different rotation of location and waves depending on conditions, and a few new waves thrown in for good measure. Thanks again for a great trip, and now just have to plan the next one. – Wayne Carter, Sydney Australia, February 2018.
Thanks again for a great trip down in the Mentawai’s aboard your very fine ship. I cannot imagine a more efficient way to LIVE THE DREAM. We had a really great time and definitely hope to do it again before too long. – All the best, Eric Delvoye, USA, Late March 2015.
Check out all of the great testimonials here.
For more photos of the Tengirri in the Mentawai Islands, Telo Islands, Nias, Hinako Islands , and the Banyak Islands please check out their photo gallery.
Tengirri’s contact details:
Tengirri’s official website:
Tengirri’s Instagram link:
Tengirri Surf Charter’s Facebook Feed:
This message is only visible to admins:
Unable to display Facebook posts
Click here to Troubleshoot.