The Addiction has become the most popular surf charter boat in the Mentawai Islands for exceptional service and experience. If you are looking for the fastest, high-end boat for your surf trip the Addiction is the perfect choice! It offers the opportunity to surf the kinds of waves you want across all the world class breaks of the Mentawai Islands and rarely surfed destinations all over the Sumatran Island chain.
The Addiction is a spacious, luxurious, and comfortable 24 meter (80 ft) high speed catamaran with an experienced crew ready to take you on the surfing adventure of a lifetime. With over 20 years of combined experience in West Sumatra, their crew are there to get you into the best possible waves on every trip!
Check out the MV Addiction at:
Why choose the MV Addiction?
A Mentawai Islands boat trip with a group of friends is the best surf trip in the world, period. The Addiction is one of the nicest surf charter boats available in the Mentawai Islands offering a safe and comfortable experience from start to finish. It is not possible to have a better surf trip than a 12 day oceanic journey on the Addiction!
The Addiction is an impressive 80 foot catamaran designed for speed and capable of traveling up to 28 knots when conditions warrant. This speed equals more time surfing and less time traveling between spots.
The sheer size of the Addiction means more room to spread out and relax. The boat features 5 guest cabins, a huge saloon area, 2 large outdoor chill areas to watch the surf, and a large dining area with seating for 12!
The Addiction package includes all transfers, surf guide, three gourmet meals per day, snacks, fruit, bot- tled water, hot drinks, juices, soft drinks, and use of all MV Addiction onboard equipment and amenities.
What is the experience like on an Addiction boat trip? For most people it consists of three things, surfing, eating, and sleeping! This section answers a multitude of questions we hear from our guests about “Life Onboard.
1. WHAT ARE THE WAVES LIKE IN THE MENTAWAI ISLANDS?
The Mentawai Islands are blessed with some of the most consistent, user friendly surf in the world. Waves range from friendly and rippable to downright scary.
2. IS THERE A GENERAL CODE OF CONDUCT I SHOULD FOL- LOW DURING MY STAY?
They work hard to give you the best experience possible. The following list offers a quick glance at the do’s and don’ts of boat living in the Mentawais
• Feel free to ask our staff any questions at anytime or for anything you need.
• If you’re hungry tell someone.
• Please smoke in designated areas only – outside only.
• Do your best to keep wet clothes outside.
• Point out problems or potential problems to the staff.
• No drugs allowed.
• Keep your belongings in designated areas. Always use proper surf etiquette.
• Conserve as much water as possible – please take short showers.
• Always look out for other people. Put trash where it belongs.
• Housecleaning is everyday unless you request otherwise.
• If your towels are dirty, please leave them on the floor and we will give you fresh ones.
• When you arrive we will give you one big bottle of water, please refill it as much as you’d like.
• Please use sunscreen, nothing can ruin your vacation more than a sunburn.
• Please share waves with the guests from the charter boats.
3. CAN I MAKE A PHONE CALLS AT THE ON THE BOATS?
The boat currently use a variety of ways to stay in touch with the outside world. They offer a satellite phones for emergencies and cell phone coverage is available at some anchorages. They do not have an internet connection.
4. WHAT SHOULD WE DO IN CASE OF AN EARTHQUAKE OR TSUNAMI?
The boat only anchors in areas they deem to be safe in case of a significant earthquake. If you feel an earth- quake please alert the members of our staff onboard.
5. WHAT IS THE DINING EXPERIENCE LIKE ONBOARD?
They offer full meals ranging from local Indonesian dishes to pasta plates, pizza, chicken and of course fresh fish. We consider every meal extremely important to give you the energy you need to surf all day. Addiction trips are famous for their food which is prepared by professional chefs! There is a set schedule for meals so you don’t have to wonder what time you eat.
6. WHAT TIME ARE MEALS SERVED?
For early-birds, there is cereal, fruit salad, and toasts available in the main galley.
BREAKFAST – 6:00am – 8:00am
LUNCH – 12:30pm – 2:30pm
DINNER – 7:30pm – 8:30 pm
7. WHAT TYPES OF ALCOHOLIC BEVERAGES ARE AVAILABLE?
Beer is available for all guests.
8. WHAT OTHER TYPES OF ACTIVITIES ARE AVAILABLE ONBOARD?
We’ve got dvd’s, boardgames, books, diving gear, fishing gear, snorkeling gear, a ton of great extras to keep you occupied. The primary emphasis is on surfing, eating, and sleeping.
9. HOW MUCH SHOULD I TIP THE STAFF WHEN MY TRIP FINISHES?
This is entirely up to you. The aver- age tip starts at around $50US and goes up from there; if you’ve had a great time, the staff did a wonderful job and were accommo- dating, let them know how you feel
10. CAN I CELEBRATE A SPECIAL OCCASION ON THE BOAT?
Hopefully with enough advanced notice we can accommodate any and all requests.
Learn more about the MV Addiction here.
Screenshot from the Addiction's website.
• Type of vessel: Catamaran 24m (80ft)
• Beam: 7.9m (26ft)
• Draft: 1.7m (5.6ft)
• Top Speed: 26 Kts laden
• Service Speed: 24 Kts
• Built: 1997 by Sabre Catamarans, Australia
• Complete refit: 2006
• Designer: Sabre Catamarans
• Main engine/s: 2 x MTU 8V M92 (Brand new for 2008)
• Power: 2 x 965 Hp (720 Kw)
• Auxiliary: 2 x Perkins
• Generator: 2 x 30 Kva
• Fuel Capacity: 4 x 2500 L
• Water Capacity: 900 L
• Water Maker: 100 litre/hr
• Tender 1: 4.2 m (14ft) RIB with 60hp mariner engine and center console steering w/ power trim and oil injection
MV Addiction Gallery
MV Addiction’s contact details:
BOOKINGS AND ENQUIRIES
MV Addiction’s official website:
World Surfari’s Instagram link:
MV Addiction’s Facebook Feed:
This message is only visible to admins:
Unable to display Facebook posts
Click here to Troubleshoot.