Mark and Dave’s offer deluxe oceanfront accommodations, spectacular scenery, unparalleled ocean views, and a myriad of surfing adventures. Guests enjoy a restful retreat accentuated by refreshing offshore breezes in one of the most beautiful regions in Nicaragua.
Wake up in the morning, walk out of your room or casita and watch the waves breaking from the tranquil Hacienda. Mark and Dave’s offers an all-inclusive package and a relaxing environment that sleeps up to 12 guests. It is located on two acres of immaculate beachfront property and was built by a team of Nicaraguan craftsmen in traditional style. Enjoy the infinity swimming and lap pool, and exclusive access to one of Nicaragua’s best golf courses.
There is no need to use a boat to access the surf, although this is an option for day trips and excursions. They are located directly in front of Ponga Drops and Colorado’s, known as the best wave in Nicaragua, is only a three minute walk away.
Mark and Dave’s trips operate on a Saturday to Saturday schedule year-round. Check out their website at www.markanddaves.com
A Day in the Life Video
Mark and Dave’s was built with the intention of providing a hassle-free, safe surf experience at an affordable rate.
The house’s greatest asset is their massive palapa lounge areas. When out of the surf, you’ll find yourself relaxing in the palapas 95% of the time, checking out the waves, doing yoga, watching TV, listening to music or swinging in the hammock. All your meals are eaten in the open air — the definition of a core surf trip! Each air-conditioned room provides adequate sleeping for two with two new “pillow top” full beds, each with a sense of warmth and identity. Each room comes with a small closet and drawers to store clothes and bags, TV/DVD, iPod stereo dock and private bathroom with sink, toilet, shower and bath towels. We encourage our guests to bring down their cell phones with international coverage and computers equipped with Skype to make free or very inexpensive phone calls through our unlimited wireless Internet connection. No extra charges; bring your laptop and plug in. Electrical outlets are the same as the United States.
“The Hacienda” crowns the property and is loosely connected by shady terraces and a palm-vaulted walkway to the guest rooms, an unforgettable space for welcoming guests. The open-air, 40-foot thatch palapa is the inner sanctum of the property and offers an outdoor retreat anytime of the day. Relax in the morning while sipping coffee and checking the surf, enjoy a cold beverage with friends and family while watch the sunset, and enjoy flavorful hors d’oeuvres before an amazing dinner. “The Hacienda” is the perfect setting to start and end the day. A walkway sits behind the inner sanctum of the Hacienda to the guest rooms, with four additional individual rooms providing independence and privacy.
Get out of the sun and stay cool and refreshed! The relaxing infinity-pool and terrace are shaded by a woven thatch roof and surrounded by the beauty of tropical paradise. Sit back and watch your friends surf Panga Drop’s while relaxing for yet another surf session at one of the three breaks in walking distance.
The lap pool sits parallel with the sandy shoreline of the Pacific Ocean in which endless ocean and shoreline views are made for entertaining guests and relaxing, all while enjoying our completely inclusive dining experience, game of ping pong with friends, or just sit at the Iguana bar while watching the sunset and enjoy a cold beverage. Steps away from every room on the property enjoy magnificent views of the sea.
The style emphasizes a sensual blend of local colors, textures, and materials in a manner that renders the structure an integral part of its environmental surroundings. Traditional hardwoods with elements of tropical modernism set the mood for a calming tropical oasis. Mark and Dave’s provides a blissful ocean front escape in a perfect tropical setting.
Learn more about Mark and Dave’s resort and accommodation options here.
Screenshot from Mark and Dave's website.
- Seven nights oceanfront living on the best beach at the best location in Central America.
- Airport transfers with food and drink. Two and a half hours to house in a spacious 24 passenger van.
- Three incredible meals per day with App’s every pre-sunset. Pre breakfast starts at 5:30 a.m. then hot breakfast at 8:00am. Hours for lunch are from 11:30-2:00 p.m. and then everyone sits down together for dinner at 7 p.m.
- House comes with several long boards, 1- 11 ft. SUP and 4 INT soft top 8 ft. long boards. The INT’s are perfect to learn on. Also fun if you have had a few cold ones and want to have some fun with your buddies. They do have a good assortment of short boards to rent if you don’t want to hassle bringing your own.
- All drinks with 1.5 cases of beer per guest.
- Unlimited wireless internet.
- Satellite T.V. and Apple T.V. on a big 60″ LED flat screen. There are also 20″ flat screens in every room with DVD player.
- Service- Their managers will take care of your every want and need. You want a massage, fishing (best from March-October), canopy tour, volcano tour, horseback riding, golfing, etc.? You name it they will have it for you. Your biggest worry may be how to stay up for dinner cause you did so much in one day. Come join us for an unforgettable trip and you will understand why the surf industry and our returning guests have only one spot to stay in Nicaragua, Mark and Daves.
- Packages do not include airfare to Nicaragua or staff gratuity.
Nicaragua is blessed with an abundance of good waves, offshore winds, and sunny weather year-round. Mark and Dave’s Place is situated in front of the best waves the country has to offer with a climate that averages around 80 degrees and water temps that hover between 75 – 85 degrees. The surf rarely drops below 2 feet at any time during the year and bigger swell events are likely – up to 8 feet – between April through September. Mark and Dave’s is located ocean front on one of the most fertile surfing beaches in all of Nicaragua. A boat or car is not required and there is little reason to go anywhere else! The wind tends to blow offshore due to the Lago Nicaragua effect so be prepared for a good mix of barrels, beach breaks, reefs, and points during your visit. There are several other breaks within driving distance or a boat ride away. Our surf guide will set up a trip to the break of your choice including Astellero, Chacosante, Manzanillo, Outer Reef, Playgrounds, Popoyo, Rosada, Santanas, and many more!
Check out the waves you will be surfing at Mark and Dave’s here.
Mark and Dave’s Nicaragua Gallery
For more photos of Mark and Dave’s in Nicaragua please check out their photo gallery.
Mark and Dave’s contact details: